I posted previously about this excellent resource which the City of Vancouver Archives has put online: the McLennan and McFeely catalogue of industrial, farm and fishing equipment, 1908-1914. In that post, I moaned a little about how nice it would be to be able to download a single PDF of all 1400+ pages. To my delight and happiness (and surprise, I must admit, because it can have been no trivial task) Sue Bigelow of the Archives has posted a note indicating that they have now made such a document available for download (link in upper right hand corner of this page). It is 270 megs, but I have it now and what an amazing resource. Thanks so much to Sue and to the City of Vancouver Archives – as I said, this is potentially a huge aid for historical archaeologists and indeed any archaeologist who encounters historical debris.
Camille C on ASBC Victoria November 21st Pu… Is Trump's thre… on Grace Islet and the Equifinali… Threats to Bears Ear… on Grace Islet and the Equifinali… Threats to Bears Ear… on Grace Islet and the Equifinali… Ronald Flippen on Still selling First Nations… qmackie on Shipwrecks of Vancouver I… Randolph Stilson on Shipwrecks of Vancouver I… qmackie on The BC Archaeology Forum is Al… Ian MacKenzie on The BC Archaeology Forum is Al… Bradley Beach on ASBC Victoria November 21st Pu… qmackie on ASBC Victoria November 21st Pu… Kelly Monteleone on ASBC Victoria November 21st Pu… Tedco on Karst Mismanagement in British… Todd Kenning on The Marmes Rockshelter Si… Michael oliver hood on Mystery Pipe
Most viewed posts in last few days
- R.I.P Hilary Stewart, 1924-2014
- More Mayne Island Museum
- Archives of "The Native Voice"
- ASBC Victoria September 18th 2012: Public talk on bedrock stone bowls by Beth Weathers
- More on Stone Bowls and Reality Shows
- Still selling First Nations' Archaeological Heritage
- Two Views of Double-Headed Eagles
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- Willows Beach Site Controversy
- Convictions in Yakima Looting Case, with comments on B.C.
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Culturally Modified Tree Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology