I see UCLA is running a fieldschool again this coming summer in Stó:lō territory at Welqámex, a village site on the small island in the Fraser River near Hope. Instruction is by Anthony Graesch (UCLA) and Dave Schaepe (Stó:lō Research and Resource Management Centre). The UCLA web site has been down as much as up recently (because it has so many bells and freakin’ whistles it doesn’t know if it is coming or going — idiot web designers make such fragile shit these days), so you can also check the AIA web site. Here is a direct link to their pamphlet (PDF).
Camille C on ASBC Victoria November 21st Pu… Is Trump's thre… on Grace Islet and the Equifinali… Threats to Bears Ear… on Grace Islet and the Equifinali… Threats to Bears Ear… on Grace Islet and the Equifinali… Ronald Flippen on Still selling First Nations… qmackie on Shipwrecks of Vancouver I… Randolph Stilson on Shipwrecks of Vancouver I… qmackie on The BC Archaeology Forum is Al… Ian MacKenzie on The BC Archaeology Forum is Al… Bradley Beach on ASBC Victoria November 21st Pu… qmackie on ASBC Victoria November 21st Pu… Kelly Monteleone on ASBC Victoria November 21st Pu… Tedco on Karst Mismanagement in British… Todd Kenning on The Marmes Rockshelter Si… Michael oliver hood on Mystery Pipe
Most viewed posts in last few days
- The Nunalleq Site Fieldwork Blog
- Northwest Research Obsidian Studies Lab
- Webber in Nootka Sound, 1778
- Mystery Pipe
- East Wenatchee Clovis Photo Gallery
- Haida stone carving from Chumash Territory, California?
- Glaciers brought mountain to man (not really)
- Tlingit War Helmet Rediscovered after 100 years
- Shipwrecks of Vancouver Island
- ASBC Victoria November 21st Public Talk: Underwater Survey for Late Pleistocene Archaeological Sites, Haida Gwaii
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Culturally Modified Tree Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology