I see UCLA is running a fieldschool again this coming summer in Stó:lō territory at Welqámex, a village site on the small island in the Fraser River near Hope. Instruction is by Anthony Graesch (UCLA) and Dave Schaepe (Stó:lō Research and Resource Management Centre). The UCLA web site has been down as much as up recently (because it has so many bells and freakin’ whistles it doesn’t know if it is coming or going — idiot web designers make such fragile shit these days), so you can also check the AIA web site. Here is a direct link to their pamphlet (PDF).
Alexander Arthur on Haida stone carving from Chuma… El fuerte de San Mig… on Images of Nootka Island People… W. Randolph Stilson on Shipwrecks of Vancouver I… syera on A Lummi Reef Net Model VIvian Smith on Getting Some Weir Looks Bethany Mathews on Salish Villages of Puget … #856 Alas, poor Brit… on Cliff Painting by Marianne… Cenotaph Island, Lit… on La Perouse at Port des Francai… Sandy Ossinger on Arborglyph chiefmtwallet on Arborglyph ct171.aspx on The Midden, Reborn mail44.aspx on The Midden, Reborn ocwb on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Lorraine Lindsay on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Marky Mark on La Brea Woman: Image Cont…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Life from Ash and Ice: A documentary film about Mt. Edziza
- Northwest Research Obsidian Studies Lab
- The Skagit River Atlatl
- Coast Salish "Woolly Dogs," ca. 1946
- Burnt Embers blog: Oak Bay Cairns Mark Songhees History
- East Wenatchee Clovis Photo Gallery
- Two Views of Double-Headed Eagles
- La Brea Woman: Image Controversy
- Florida Mammoth Engraving is Real?
- Arrow from Tsitsutl Peak Glacier, Western B.C.
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology