I see UCLA is running a fieldschool again this coming summer in Stó:lō territory at Welqámex, a village site on the small island in the Fraser River near Hope. Instruction is by Anthony Graesch (UCLA) and Dave Schaepe (Stó:lō Research and Resource Management Centre). The UCLA web site has been down as much as up recently (because it has so many bells and freakin’ whistles it doesn’t know if it is coming or going — idiot web designers make such fragile shit these days), so you can also check the AIA web site. Here is a direct link to their pamphlet (PDF).
Join 816 other followers
Jeffrey Coley on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… Lois on D’Suq’Wub: Old Man House… Mark Pracy on Maori Canoe found in New Zeala… Amber on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… Carlo Raineri on Florida Mammoth Engraving is… David Mattison on Tree Cache 3030win on Haida, Argillite, and the Pig… 11 Extinct Foods Fro… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… The "Garden Of… on Historic Sketchbook of Heywood… Mark Sangster on Puget Sound Clovis Jan on Salish Villages of Puget … When Orcas Island Ha… on The Skagit River Atlatl Canada : La nation S… on Glenrose Cannery Under Th… Lyle Van Horn on Namu Reburials A friendly future Wo… on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Cliff Painting by Marianne Nicolson
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Manis Mastodon: a 13,800 year old Archaeological Site on the Northwest Coast
- Images of Nootka Island People, 1787
- Salish Villages of Puget Sound
- Katzie Artifact Gallery
- Anchor Stones
- "Prehistoric Cairns of Vancouver Island": notes for a lecture given in 1901
- La Brea Woman: Image Controversy
- D’Suq'Wub: Old Man House - a Poster
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology