I see UCLA is running a fieldschool again this coming summer in Stó:lō territory at Welqámex, a village site on the small island in the Fraser River near Hope. Instruction is by Anthony Graesch (UCLA) and Dave Schaepe (Stó:lō Research and Resource Management Centre). The UCLA web site has been down as much as up recently (because it has so many bells and freakin’ whistles it doesn’t know if it is coming or going — idiot web designers make such fragile shit these days), so you can also check the AIA web site. Here is a direct link to their pamphlet (PDF).
qmackie on ‘Namgis Arborglyph qmackie on About Michael Kennedy on About Ron Corbyn on More on Manis Mastodon qmackie on More on Manis Mastodon Ron Corbyn on More on Manis Mastodon qmackie on More on Manis Mastodon qmackie on More on Manis Mastodon qmackie on More on Manis Mastodon qmackie on The Rough Guide to the B.C. Go… ehpem on The Rough Guide to the B.C. Go… Ron Corbyn on More on Manis Mastodon Richard Michael Gram… on More on Manis Mastodon Ron Corbyn on More on Manis Mastodon Richard Michael Gram… on More on Manis Mastodon
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Jarring Finds
- The Midden, Reborn
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Haida, Argillite, and the Pig War
- Still selling First Nations' Archaeological Heritage
- Images of Nootka Island People, 1787
- Tlingit War Helmet Rediscovered after 100 years
- Compilation of Work from Tse'K'wa (Charlie Lake Cave)
- The Rough Guide to the B.C. Gold Rushes
- Peabody Museum Ethnographic Collection
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Culturally Modified Tree Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology