I think it was the day after the last Musqueam – Lab or Anthropology Archaeology Forum that I had to post this, so time flies, and not always exactly like a banana. In more recent dismal events, my laptop got disturbed, which, even though a quality it now shares with me, has disrupted this blog of the last week or two, not to mention my day job. Anyway, I wanted to get out this announcment which twoeyes kindly forwarded a week or so ago: the 2015 BC Archy Forum is being co-hosted by the Musqueam Indian Band and the Laboratory of Archaeology at UBC, and runs from Friday October 16 to Sunday October 18. So, soon. What follows is the text of their announcement email within UBC circles.
July 2018 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Richard Michael Gram… on More on Manis Mastodon Camille C on ASBC Victoria November 21st Pu… Is Trump's thre… on Grace Islet and the Equifinali… Threats to Bears Ear… on Grace Islet and the Equifinali… Threats to Bears Ear… on Grace Islet and the Equifinali… Ronald Flippen on Still selling First Nations… qmackie on Shipwrecks of Vancouver I… Randolph Stilson on Shipwrecks of Vancouver I… qmackie on The BC Archaeology Forum is Al… Ian MacKenzie on The BC Archaeology Forum is Al… Bradley Beach on ASBC Victoria November 21st Pu… qmackie on ASBC Victoria November 21st Pu… Kelly Monteleone on ASBC Victoria November 21st Pu… Tedco on Karst Mismanagement in British… Todd Kenning on The Marmes Rockshelter Si…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- William Alexander's Watercolours of Vancouver's Voyage
- R.I.P Hilary Stewart, 1924-2014
- Anchor Stones
- Bears, Humans and Deer: disambiguation at last.
- Update - Willows Beach Site Controversy
- The Giant of Happy Valley
- La Perouse at Port des Francais (Lituya Bay)
- In-SHUCK-ch Cedar Bark Stripping Gallery
- East Wenatchee Clovis Photo Gallery
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Culturally Modified Tree Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology