Archaeology in Action is a large set of pictures of archaeologists doing archaeology on the photo sharing website flickr.com. Not too much Northwest Stuff there that I could find with the notable exception of many pictures put up by a former University of Oregon professor under the name of gbaku (you can find his real name easily enough). His pictures are a wonderful tour of Oregon and Alaskan archaeology of the 1960s and 1970s – these are not sets of pictures of stratigraphy, or backdirt (interesting though those things are) but are predominately of, well, archaeologists in action. It would be fun to see more NW Coast pictures up here — I know Grant has a large collection of pictures of archaeologists going about their business and I am sure we all have some pictures of people in with the endless pictures of yet another bone.
Join 817 other followers
Eric Allin on Lasqueti Island Archaeology The Stone Cottage… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… 11 Extinct Foods Fro… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… Jeffrey Coley on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… Lois on D’Suq’Wub: Old Man House… Mark Pracy on Maori Canoe found in New Zeala… Amber on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… Carlo Raineri on Florida Mammoth Engraving is… David Mattison on Tree Cache 3030win on Haida, Argillite, and the Pig… 11 Extinct Foods Fro… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… The "Garden Of… on Historic Sketchbook of Heywood… Mark Sangster on Puget Sound Clovis Jan on Salish Villages of Puget … When Orcas Island Ha… on The Skagit River Atlatl
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Puget Sound Clovis
- Historic Sketchbook of Heywood W. Seton-Karr
- La Brea Woman: Image Controversy
- Another Haida Argillite Pipe for Sale
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Photos of Victoria and Esquimalt, 1859
- Haida Argillite Pipe: High Resolution Pictures
- Intertidal Footprints
- Burnt Embers blog: Oak Bay Cairns Mark Songhees History
- Tlingit, Dene and Eskimo Metallurgy (1969)
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology