I posted previously about this excellent resource which the City of Vancouver Archives has put online: the McLennan and McFeely catalogue of industrial, farm and fishing equipment, 1908-1914. In that post, I moaned a little about how nice it would be to be able to download a single PDF of all 1400+ pages. To my delight and happiness (and surprise, I must admit, because it can have been no trivial task) Sue Bigelow of the Archives has posted a note indicating that they have now made such a document available for download (link in upper right hand corner of this page). It is 270 megs, but I have it now and what an amazing resource. Thanks so much to Sue and to the City of Vancouver Archives – as I said, this is potentially a huge aid for historical archaeologists and indeed any archaeologist who encounters historical debris.
Join 817 other followers
Eric Allin on Lasqueti Island Archaeology The Stone Cottage… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… 11 Extinct Foods Fro… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… Jeffrey Coley on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… Lois on D’Suq’Wub: Old Man House… Mark Pracy on Maori Canoe found in New Zeala… Amber on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… Carlo Raineri on Florida Mammoth Engraving is… David Mattison on Tree Cache 3030win on Haida, Argillite, and the Pig… 11 Extinct Foods Fro… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… The "Garden Of… on Historic Sketchbook of Heywood… Mark Sangster on Puget Sound Clovis Jan on Salish Villages of Puget … When Orcas Island Ha… on The Skagit River Atlatl
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Puget Sound Clovis
- Historic Sketchbook of Heywood W. Seton-Karr
- La Brea Woman: Image Controversy
- Another Haida Argillite Pipe for Sale
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Photos of Victoria and Esquimalt, 1859
- Haida Argillite Pipe: High Resolution Pictures
- Intertidal Footprints
- Burnt Embers blog: Oak Bay Cairns Mark Songhees History
- Tlingit, Dene and Eskimo Metallurgy (1969)
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology