I posted previously about this excellent resource which the City of Vancouver Archives has put online: the McLennan and McFeely catalogue of industrial, farm and fishing equipment, 1908-1914. In that post, I moaned a little about how nice it would be to be able to download a single PDF of all 1400+ pages. To my delight and happiness (and surprise, I must admit, because it can have been no trivial task) Sue Bigelow of the Archives has posted a note indicating that they have now made such a document available for download (link in upper right hand corner of this page). It is 270 megs, but I have it now and what an amazing resource. Thanks so much to Sue and to the City of Vancouver Archives – as I said, this is potentially a huge aid for historical archaeologists and indeed any archaeologist who encounters historical debris.
#856 Alas, poor Brit… on Cliff Painting by Marianne… Cenotaph Island, Lit… on La Perouse at Port des Francai… Sandy Ossinger on Arborglyph chiefmtwallet on Arborglyph ct171.aspx on The Midden, Reborn mail44.aspx on The Midden, Reborn ocwb on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Lorraine Lindsay on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Marky Mark on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… haaxw on Archives of “The Native… warren edward young on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… bortsov2 on Stone Foundations and Tent Pla… Lesley Feakes on ASBC Victoria: September Publi… ΧΡΙΣΤΌΦΟΡΟΣ bɝːd (@c… on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Dennis Wallace on Puget Sound Clovis
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Bead-rich human burials in shíshálh territory
- D’Suq'Wub: Old Man House - a Poster
- Tse-whit-zen interactive pages and slide show
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- Puget Sound Clovis
- Salish Villages of Puget Sound
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- The Giant of Happy Valley
- R.I.P Hilary Stewart, 1924-2014
- A Lummi Reef Net Model
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology