I posted previously about this excellent resource which the City of Vancouver Archives has put online: the McLennan and McFeely catalogue of industrial, farm and fishing equipment, 1908-1914. In that post, I moaned a little about how nice it would be to be able to download a single PDF of all 1400+ pages. To my delight and happiness (and surprise, I must admit, because it can have been no trivial task) Sue Bigelow of the Archives has posted a note indicating that they have now made such a document available for download (link in upper right hand corner of this page). It is 270 megs, but I have it now and what an amazing resource. Thanks so much to Sue and to the City of Vancouver Archives – as I said, this is potentially a huge aid for historical archaeologists and indeed any archaeologist who encounters historical debris.
Michael oliver hood on Mystery Pipe Elka Weinstein on Brainstorming beads Gitla (Elroy White) on dSpace: Elroy White (Xanius) o… Gitla (Elroy White) on dSpace: Elroy White (Xanius) o… Ted on Historic Sketchbook of Heywood… Toos on The BC Archaeology Survey Leonard Jones on Still selling First Nations… Leonard Jones on Still selling First Nations… Mathilde Goupil on Still selling First Nations… Seraphine Munroe on Visit to the UNBC Fieldschool… qmackie on The BC Archaeology Survey qmackie on Two Views of Double-Headed… qmackie on Archives of “The Native… Carole Gerson on Archives of “The Native… Alexander Allison on Two Views of Double-Headed…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- ASBC Victoria, September Meeting: The Spanish at Yuquot: Santa Cruz de Nutka
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- ASBC Victoria Talk: Dr. Duncan McLaren on Late Pleistocene Intertidal Archaeology on the Central Coast of BC
- Katzie Artifact Gallery
- Bridge River Housepit Geophysics
- The BC Archaeology Survey
- Images of Nootka Island People, 1787
- Archives of "The Native Voice"
- Glenrose Cannery Under Threat?
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Culturally Modified Tree Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology