I posted previously about this excellent resource which the City of Vancouver Archives has put online: the McLennan and McFeely catalogue of industrial, farm and fishing equipment, 1908-1914. In that post, I moaned a little about how nice it would be to be able to download a single PDF of all 1400+ pages. To my delight and happiness (and surprise, I must admit, because it can have been no trivial task) Sue Bigelow of the Archives has posted a note indicating that they have now made such a document available for download (link in upper right hand corner of this page). It is 270 megs, but I have it now and what an amazing resource. Thanks so much to Sue and to the City of Vancouver Archives – as I said, this is potentially a huge aid for historical archaeologists and indeed any archaeologist who encounters historical debris.
Brad Beach on Fieldwork Picture of the Day… Mitchel N. Townsend on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… Jonathan Long on One Tree, Four Canoes Sue Starkey on Northwest Research Obsidian St… Christina Southern on More on Comox Harbour Fis… Thomas Howard on dSpace: Lundy on Rock Art James on Still selling First Nations… Amber Jenine MacDona… on About Ronald C. Corbyn on Intriguing rumours about the M… Jesse Morin on dSpace: Caldwell on Comox Harb… Willem-Jan Hogestijn on dSpace: Caldwell on Comox Harb… mark harris on Fieldwork Picture of the Day… 3 April 2016 | The H… on dSpace: Labrets by Marina La… APM on Manis Mastodon: a 13,800 year… Ron Corbyn on Intriguing rumours about the M…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Raven Bluff: another dated Alaskan fluted point site
- Glenrose Cannery Under Threat?
- "BC Studies" is now mostly free
- More on Comox Harbour Fishtraps
- Fluted Points from the Bering Land Bridge
- Archaeology Theses
- R.I.P Hilary Stewart, 1924-2014
- Elfshot: experimental and replicative archaeology
- Bears, Humans and Deer: disambiguation at last.
- Handmade Garnet Musket Ball from New Archangel
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Culturally Modified Tree Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish Technology tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology