It’s pretty common to run into historic industrial equipment when doing archaeological work in BC, especially logging equipment. The Vancouver City archives has put the entire McLennan, McFeely & Co. Ltd Catalogue 1908-14 online, albeit in a somewhat awkward format (hey guys, why not just post a single PDF as well?) (edit: see comments below). This catalogue would have been the ordering bible for many remote logging, mining and cannery outfits up and down the coast, the remains of which are often lying atop shell middens or strewn in the intertidal zone. Altogether, the Vancouver City Archives and the Burnaby Village Museum have put more than 1,500 pages of historic merchandise, as well as ordering and shipping information and price lists. Click on an image and it brings up a legible PDF of that single page.
Christina Southern on More on Comox Harbour Fis… Thomas Howard on dSpace: Lundy on Rock Art James on Still selling First Nations… Amber Jenine MacDona… on About Ronald C. Corbyn on Intriguing rumours about the M… Jesse Morin on dSpace: Caldwell on Comox Harb… Willem-Jan Hogestijn on dSpace: Caldwell on Comox Harb… mark harris on Fieldwork Picture of the Day… 3 April 2016 | The H… on dSpace: Labrets by Marina La… APM on Manis Mastodon: a 13,800 year… Ron Corbyn on Intriguing rumours about the M… qmackie on Intriguing rumours about the M… Ron Corbyn on Intriguing rumours about the M… qmackie on Buy Your Piece of BC Archaeolo… John on Buy Your Piece of BC Archaeolo…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Archaeology Theses
- Tlingit War Helmet Rediscovered after 100 years
- Puget Sound Clovis
- Manis Mastodon: a 13,800 year old Archaeological Site on the Northwest Coast
- La Perouse at Port des Francais (Lituya Bay)
- Convictions in Yakima Looting Case, with comments on B.C.
- William Alexander's Watercolours of Vancouver's Voyage
- Makah whaling gear
- dSpace: Lundy on Rock Art
- R.I.P Hilary Stewart, 1924-2014
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Culturally Modified Tree Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish Technology tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology