The Oregon Museum of Natural and Cultural History has some very nice exhibits and it looks like their underlying collections are superb. Their online photo-gallery “Oregon: Where Past is Present” is some pretty nice eye-candy, though I would love to see them give a little more information about each piece. The sculptural lamp above is simply superb.
Elroy White on ‘Namgis Arborglyph Len on Still selling First Nations… ehpem on Samuel Hancock witnesses small… William on Still selling First Nations… William on Still selling First Nations… William on Still selling First Nations… Behind the Breed: Sa… on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… Dale Croes on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… naturalchild on About Sant’owax on Still selling First Nations… Martina on Environmental Archaeology of t… Margie on Society of Ethnobiology Confer… Canadian History Rou… on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… Mad Dog on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… iain on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- NW Geology Field Trips Lead to Chert?
- East Wenatchee Clovis Photo Gallery
- Ucluelet, 1859
- Northwest Research Obsidian Studies Lab
- Coast Salish "Woolly Dogs," ca. 1946
- Archives of "The Native Voice"
- A Lummi Reef Net Model
- Puget Sound Clovis
- Glaciers brought mountain to man (not really)
- Salmon fishing 11,500 years ago in central Alaska
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology