OK, so it is not from the NW Coast, but this thousand year old miniature (toy?) ulu from Cape Grinnell, Western Greenland is close enough. Close to the North Pole, Reindeer, and all that, that is. It even has a miniature blade made from meteoric iron. Via field notes.
qmackie on ‘Namgis Arborglyph qmackie on About Michael Kennedy on About Ron Corbyn on More on Manis Mastodon qmackie on More on Manis Mastodon Ron Corbyn on More on Manis Mastodon qmackie on More on Manis Mastodon qmackie on More on Manis Mastodon qmackie on More on Manis Mastodon qmackie on The Rough Guide to the B.C. Go… ehpem on The Rough Guide to the B.C. Go… Ron Corbyn on More on Manis Mastodon Richard Michael Gram… on More on Manis Mastodon Ron Corbyn on More on Manis Mastodon Richard Michael Gram… on More on Manis Mastodon
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Jarring Finds
- The Midden, Reborn
- Haida, Argillite, and the Pig War
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Still selling First Nations' Archaeological Heritage
- Images of Nootka Island People, 1787
- Tlingit War Helmet Rediscovered after 100 years
- The Rough Guide to the B.C. Gold Rushes
- Klahoose Arborglyph
- Peabody Museum Ethnographic Collection
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Culturally Modified Tree Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology