OK, so it is not from the NW Coast, but this thousand year old miniature (toy?) ulu from Cape Grinnell, Western Greenland is close enough. Close to the North Pole, Reindeer, and all that, that is. It even has a miniature blade made from meteoric iron. Via field notes.
Gitla (Elroy White) on dSpace: Elroy White (Xanius) o… Gitla (Elroy White) on dSpace: Elroy White (Xanius) o… Ted on Historic Sketchbook of Heywood… Toos on The BC Archaeology Survey Leonard Jones on Still selling First Nations… Leonard Jones on Still selling First Nations… Mathilde Goupil on Still selling First Nations… Seraphine Munroe on Visit to the UNBC Fieldschool… qmackie on The BC Archaeology Survey qmackie on Two Views of Double-Headed… qmackie on Archives of “The Native… Carole Gerson on Archives of “The Native… Alexander Allison on Two Views of Double-Headed… twoeyes on Wapato, Camas, Tyee Peter Christensen on Still selling First Nations…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- La Brea Woman: Image Controversy
- Brainstorming beads
- La Perouse at Port des Francais (Lituya Bay)
- Archives of "The Native Voice"
- Willows Beach Site Controversy
- NW Geology Field Trips Lead to Chert?
- Shipwrecks of Vancouver Island
- Another Haida Argillite Pipe for Sale
- Stanley Park's Wandering Petroglyph
- Convictions in Yakima Looting Case, with comments on B.C.
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Culturally Modified Tree Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology