OK, so it is not from the NW Coast, but this thousand year old miniature (toy?) ulu from Cape Grinnell, Western Greenland is close enough. Close to the North Pole, Reindeer, and all that, that is. It even has a miniature blade made from meteoric iron. Via field notes.
Eula Veiga on The Skagit River Atlatl ΧΡΙΣΤΌΦΟΡΟΣ bɝːd (@c… on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Dennis Wallace on Puget Sound Clovis Herb Sheakley on Russian Plastic Tlingit Warrio… neil campbell on Mechanical representation in a… PRE-CLOVIS HUMAN/ANI… on Manis Mastodon: a 13,800 year… Elroy White on Weir on the River Koeye Gordon Baron on Arborglyph Gordon Baron on Arborglyph qmackie on Manis Mastodon: a 13,800 year… Richard Wisecarver on Still selling First Nations… Julie Steinhauer on More views of the Museum of Va… Elroy White on ‘Namgis Arborglyph Len on Still selling First Nations… ehpem on Samuel Hancock witnesses small…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Coast Salish "Woolly Dogs," ca. 1946
- Archives of "The Native Voice"
- Tlingit War Helmet Rediscovered after 100 years
- Archaeology Theses
- Two Views of Double-Headed Eagles
- East Wenatchee Clovis Photo Gallery
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- Dan Leen's Petroglyph Page
- Revisiting the Salt Spring Island Archives
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology