OK, so it is not from the NW Coast, but this thousand year old miniature (toy?) ulu from Cape Grinnell, Western Greenland is close enough. Close to the North Pole, Reindeer, and all that, that is. It even has a miniature blade made from meteoric iron. Via field notes.
Amber on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… Carlo Raineri on Florida Mammoth Engraving is… David Mattison on Tree Cache 3030win on Haida, Argillite, and the Pig… 11 Extinct Foods Fro… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… The "Garden Of… on Historic Sketchbook of Heywood… Mark Sangster on Puget Sound Clovis Jan on Salish Villages of Puget … When Orcas Island Ha… on The Skagit River Atlatl Canada : La nation S… on Glenrose Cannery Under Th… Lyle Van Horn on Namu Reburials A friendly future Wo… on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… John Johnston on Intriguing rumours about the M… Melanie Bandy on D’Suq’Wub: Old Man House… Car-nerd here on The Marmes Rockshelter Si…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Archaeology Theses
- Salish Villages of Puget Sound
- A Lummi Reef Net Model
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- Interior of a Coast Salish Longhouse, 1864
- Speaking of Ozette: dSpace resources.
- Brainstorming beads
- La Brea Woman: Image Controversy
- Coast Salish Cultural Landscapes on Google Street View
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology