From the excellent University of Pennsylvannia Museum website, you can download back issues of their magazine “Expedition”, including this article on aboriginal metallurgy in Northwest North America (PDF). The caption below is from that article: the two astonishing daggers being described are shown above. Seriously, this is metalwork of the highest order, reminiscent of, say, Mycenaean pieces.
naturalchild on About Sant’owax on Still selling First Nations… Martina on Environmental Archaeology of t… Margie on Society of Ethnobiology Confer… Canadian History Rou… on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… Mad Dog on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… iain on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… Sam C on Arborglyph qmackie on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… Dale R. Croes on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… Dale R. Croes on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… Mad Dog on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… qmackie on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… qmackie on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… Julio Flores on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Puget Sound Clovis
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- Archaeology Theses
- Still no Clovis Comet
- Salmon species now knowable from vertebrae
- Archives of "The Native Voice"
- dSpace: Adams on Gabriola Petroglyphs
- Northwest Research Obsidian Studies Lab
- R.I.P Hilary Stewart, 1924-2014
- Canoe Steaming
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology