Millennia Research is one of the longest established and most respected consulting archaeologist firms in British Columbia, not least because they have an occasional blog. They’re doing some really cool and advanced work on 3-D imaging using LiDAR and photogrammetry – you can see for yourself some of those posts, e.g. and e.g.’er. But today’s topic, while cutting edge in its own way, is more at the speed of your humble scribe – some very small engraving tools they’ve uncovered in Prince Rupert Harbour, site GbTo-54. The reason I’m posting it here is because they’re looking for input on the function of these and for any comparable artifacts people might know of, and I want to cast the net wider through this blog’s readership. I’ll get the ball rolling.
Join 817 other followers
Eric Allin on Lasqueti Island Archaeology The Stone Cottage… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… 11 Extinct Foods Fro… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… Jeffrey Coley on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… Lois on D’Suq’Wub: Old Man House… Mark Pracy on Maori Canoe found in New Zeala… Amber on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… Carlo Raineri on Florida Mammoth Engraving is… David Mattison on Tree Cache 3030win on Haida, Argillite, and the Pig… 11 Extinct Foods Fro… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… The "Garden Of… on Historic Sketchbook of Heywood… Mark Sangster on Puget Sound Clovis Jan on Salish Villages of Puget … When Orcas Island Ha… on The Skagit River Atlatl
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Maori Canoe found in New Zealand Beach
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Salish Villages of Puget Sound
- How to Make a Petroglyph
- Memorial Tributes for Dr. Richard "Doc" Daugherty
- One Tree, Four Canoes
- Memories of Ozette
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- R.I.P Hilary Stewart, 1924-2014
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology