Millennia Research is one of the longest established and most respected consulting archaeologist firms in British Columbia, not least because they have an occasional blog. They’re doing some really cool and advanced work on 3-D imaging using LiDAR and photogrammetry – you can see for yourself some of those posts, e.g. and e.g.’er. But today’s topic, while cutting edge in its own way, is more at the speed of your humble scribe – some very small engraving tools they’ve uncovered in Prince Rupert Harbour, site GbTo-54. The reason I’m posting it here is because they’re looking for input on the function of these and for any comparable artifacts people might know of, and I want to cast the net wider through this blog’s readership. I’ll get the ball rolling.
VIvian Smith on Getting Some Weir Looks Bethany Mathews on Salish Villages of Puget … #856 Alas, poor Brit… on Cliff Painting by Marianne… Cenotaph Island, Lit… on La Perouse at Port des Francai… Sandy Ossinger on Arborglyph chiefmtwallet on Arborglyph ct171.aspx on The Midden, Reborn mail44.aspx on The Midden, Reborn ocwb on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Lorraine Lindsay on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Marky Mark on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… haaxw on Archives of “The Native… warren edward young on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… bortsov2 on Stone Foundations and Tent Pla… Lesley Feakes on ASBC Victoria: September Publi…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Webber in Nootka Sound, 1778
- Coast Salish "Woolly Dogs," ca. 1946
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Puget Sound Clovis
- Compilation of Work from Tse'K'wa (Charlie Lake Cave)
- Cliff Painting by Marianne Nicolson
- More on Comox Harbour Fishtraps
- Getting Some Weir Looks
- Still selling First Nations' Archaeological Heritage
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology