OK, enough late summer lounging: I think it is time to be making a few posts on this blog. I can’t guarantee super-reliable service but will try to drag up some interesting links for the perusal of my seven readers. While I was gone, WordPress unexpectedly changed the “theme” (template) of this blog and in the process destroyed a bunch of drafts I had made, which might be just as well overall, though annoying nonetheless. I’m going to start by answering a few, but probably not all, of the comments people have left in the last month.
#856 Alas, poor Brit… on Cliff Painting by Marianne… Cenotaph Island, Lit… on La Perouse at Port des Francai… Sandy Ossinger on Arborglyph chiefmtwallet on Arborglyph ct171.aspx on The Midden, Reborn mail44.aspx on The Midden, Reborn ocwb on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Lorraine Lindsay on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Marky Mark on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… haaxw on Archives of “The Native… warren edward young on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… bortsov2 on Stone Foundations and Tent Pla… Lesley Feakes on ASBC Victoria: September Publi… ΧΡΙΣΤΌΦΟΡΟΣ bɝːd (@c… on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Dennis Wallace on Puget Sound Clovis
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Puget Sound Clovis
- Replica Tlingit Armour
- Bridge River Housepit Geophysics
- Coast Salish "Woolly Dogs," ca. 1946
- Life from Ash and Ice: A documentary film about Mt. Edziza
- Shipwrecks of Vancouver Island
- The Giant of Happy Valley
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Cod Bones and the Fish Trade
- Arrow from Tsitsutl Peak Glacier, Western B.C.
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology