Sad news out of Quadra Island with the news that Northwest Coast archaeological legend Hilary Stewart passed away on June 5th, at the age of 90. The local newspaper the Discovery Islander has a full obituary (page 2) (PDF) written by her friend, anthropologist Joy Inglis.
July 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
#856 Alas, poor Brit… on Cliff Painting by Marianne… Cenotaph Island, Lit… on La Perouse at Port des Francai… Sandy Ossinger on Arborglyph chiefmtwallet on Arborglyph ct171.aspx on The Midden, Reborn mail44.aspx on The Midden, Reborn ocwb on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Lorraine Lindsay on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Marky Mark on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… haaxw on Archives of “The Native… warren edward young on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… bortsov2 on Stone Foundations and Tent Pla… Lesley Feakes on ASBC Victoria: September Publi… ΧΡΙΣΤΌΦΟΡΟΣ bɝːd (@c… on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Dennis Wallace on Puget Sound Clovis
Most viewed posts in last few days
- D’Suq'Wub: Old Man House - a Poster
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- NW Geology Field Trips Lead to Chert?
- Puget Sound Clovis
- La Brea Woman: Image Controversy
- Cliff Painting by Marianne Nicolson
- Samuel Hancock witnesses smallpox among the Makah, 1852-53
- Images of Nootka Island People, 1787
- Coast Salish "Woolly Dogs," ca. 1946
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology