Another blog linked to me the other day: The Gabriolan. This is a lovely blog, whose mysterious author has a great eye for the quirky and beautiful things about that Island. I especially like the various pictures of unusual things found in the woods, like antlers on trees. On my quick browse through the site I noted the excellent photograph of a Gabriola Island petroglyph which I am posting above. This is not a petroglyph I am familiar with though I don’t have my books in front of me. I’ll look it up. With its double-rendered eyes and protruding ears, it may be Mouse-Woman. But anyway, anonymous Gabriolan, thanks for the link, and look after those petroglyphs.
Lois on D’Suq’Wub: Old Man House… Mark Pracy on Maori Canoe found in New Zeala… Amber on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… Carlo Raineri on Florida Mammoth Engraving is… David Mattison on Tree Cache 3030win on Haida, Argillite, and the Pig… 11 Extinct Foods Fro… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… The "Garden Of… on Historic Sketchbook of Heywood… Mark Sangster on Puget Sound Clovis Jan on Salish Villages of Puget … When Orcas Island Ha… on The Skagit River Atlatl Canada : La nation S… on Glenrose Cannery Under Th… Lyle Van Horn on Namu Reburials A friendly future Wo… on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… John Johnston on Intriguing rumours about the M…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Shipwrecks of Vancouver Island
- La Brea Woman: Image Controversy
- In-SHUCK-ch Cedar Bark Stripping Gallery
- Bears, Humans and Deer: disambiguation at last.
- Cliff Painting by Marianne Nicolson
- dSpace: Elroy White (Xanius) on Fishtraps
- NW Geology Field Trips Lead to Chert?
- Replica Tlingit Armour
- Elfshot goes "ground stone"
- How to Make a Petroglyph
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology