Looks like someone at SFU is about to launch a new archaeology journal focusing on archaeology of the Northwest. (Presumably NW North America, but you never know when it comes to SFU). The pages are formatted, but blank, except for the instructions to authors. I hope this journal template turns into something real.
VIvian Smith on Getting Some Weir Looks Bethany Mathews on Salish Villages of Puget … #856 Alas, poor Brit… on Cliff Painting by Marianne… Cenotaph Island, Lit… on La Perouse at Port des Francai… Sandy Ossinger on Arborglyph chiefmtwallet on Arborglyph ct171.aspx on The Midden, Reborn mail44.aspx on The Midden, Reborn ocwb on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Lorraine Lindsay on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Marky Mark on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… haaxw on Archives of “The Native… warren edward young on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… bortsov2 on Stone Foundations and Tent Pla… Lesley Feakes on ASBC Victoria: September Publi…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Webber in Nootka Sound, 1778
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Coast Salish "Woolly Dogs," ca. 1946
- Compilation of Work from Tse'K'wa (Charlie Lake Cave)
- More on Comox Harbour Fishtraps
- Puget Sound Clovis
- Raven-Walking & Geological Transformation
- Making Yuxwch'ee Yakw, a Tlingit Spruce Canoe
- A Lummi Reef Net Model
- Tlingit War Helmet Rediscovered after 100 years
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology