Archaeological encounters with human remains bring into sharp relief the competing values surrounding cultural heritage. It doesn’t always go well – powerful emotions are uncovered alongside the burials. So it’s refreshing and informative to come across a short video, Sacred Ground: In honour and in memory of our ancestors, made by Crossroads Cultural Resource Management, which follows the aftermath of the accidental disturbance of human remains at Hagwilget, on the
Skeena Bulkley River.
January 2020 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Lesley Feakes on ASBC Victoria: September Publi… Eula Veiga on The Skagit River Atlatl ΧΡΙΣΤΌΦΟΡΟΣ bɝːd (@c… on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Dennis Wallace on Puget Sound Clovis Herb Sheakley on Russian Plastic Tlingit Warrio… neil campbell on Mechanical representation in a… PRE-CLOVIS HUMAN/ANI… on Manis Mastodon: a 13,800 year… Elroy White on Weir on the River Koeye Gordon Baron on Arborglyph Gordon Baron on Arborglyph qmackie on Manis Mastodon: a 13,800 year… Richard Wisecarver on Still selling First Nations… Julie Steinhauer on More views of the Museum of Va… Elroy White on ‘Namgis Arborglyph Len on Still selling First Nations…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- Puget Sound Clovis
- A cool new cave site near Tumbler Ridge?
- Victoria's history through cartoons
- A Lummi Reef Net Model
- March ASBC Talk: GvonP on UP Art
- The Schieffelin Brothers Yukon River Prospecting Trip of 1882
- Skidegate Haida Model Village
- Archives of "The Native Voice"
- Life from Ash and Ice: A documentary film about Mt. Edziza
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology