The Waatch River flows in a low valley that connects Neah Bay across the Olympic Peninsula to Makah Bay. When sea levels were higher, it would flood with sea water and turn Cape Flattery into an island. Interesting, then, to see that an old raised beach site has been found on the Waatch River at an elevation of about 13 metres above, and 2 km away from, the modern shoreline.
ocwb on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Lorraine Lindsay on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Marky Mark on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… haaxw on Archives of “The Native… warren edward young on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… bortsov2 on Stone Foundations and Tent Pla… Lesley Feakes on ASBC Victoria: September Publi… ΧΡΙΣΤΌΦΟΡΟΣ bɝːd (@c… on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Dennis Wallace on Puget Sound Clovis Herb Sheakley on Russian Plastic Tlingit Warrio… neil campbell on Mechanical representation in a… PRE-CLOVIS HUMAN/ANI… on Manis Mastodon: a 13,800 year… Elroy White on Weir on the River Koeye Gordon Baron on Arborglyph Gordon Baron on Arborglyph
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- La Brea Woman: Image Controversy
- Puget Sound Clovis
- Life from Ash and Ice: A documentary film about Mt. Edziza
- Cliff Painting by Marianne Nicolson
- Burnt Embers blog: Oak Bay Cairns Mark Songhees History
- "Correct Map of the Gold Diggings": May 20th, 1858
- In-SHUCK-ch Cedar Bark Stripping Gallery
- Ucluelet, 1859
- NW Geology Field Trips Lead to Chert?
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology