This 1962 picture of Haida artist Robert Davidson at age 13 caught my eye, not least because he looks a lot like his nephew, Haida archaeologist and great guy Allan “Googa Boy Lefty ClamBone Monica Sunshine” Davidson. Here’s Allan tending to his espresso pot at Richardson Island. Very shareable. I am pretty sure this was before I accidentally tossed a grub into his cup.
Amber on La Brea Woman: Image Cont… Carlo Raineri on Florida Mammoth Engraving is… David Mattison on Tree Cache 3030win on Haida, Argillite, and the Pig… 11 Extinct Foods Fro… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… The "Garden Of… on Historic Sketchbook of Heywood… Mark Sangster on Puget Sound Clovis Jan on Salish Villages of Puget … When Orcas Island Ha… on The Skagit River Atlatl Canada : La nation S… on Glenrose Cannery Under Th… Lyle Van Horn on Namu Reburials A friendly future Wo… on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… John Johnston on Intriguing rumours about the M… Melanie Bandy on D’Suq’Wub: Old Man House… Car-nerd here on The Marmes Rockshelter Si…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Archaeology Theses
- Coast Salish Cultural Landscapes on Google Street View
- Northwest Research Obsidian Studies Lab
- Salish Villages of Puget Sound
- Interior of a Coast Salish Longhouse, 1864
- More on Puget Sound Clovis
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Destruction of Kwalate Village
- Coast Salish "Woolly Dogs," ca. 1946
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology