While I was sleeping, 3-D digital models of archaeological items and features have come a long way in their usability and quality. I stumbled into a set of three cool models from the Secwepemc Museum & Heritage Park (in Tk’emlúps / Kamloops), who have collaborated with a company called The ARC/K-Project which uses SketchFab to make rotatable, high-resolution, and (most importantly based on my experience) slick, smooth, and stable virtual models of a few of the items in their collection, such as the Chief’s Regalia detail shown above (link to model). I was mildly disappointed that there were only a couple of 3-D models online, but then I found more. More is good, nom nom nom. Continue reading
January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
3030win on Haida, Argillite, and the Pig… 11 Extinct Foods Fro… on The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orca… The "Garden Of… on Historic Sketchbook of Heywood… Mark Sangster on Puget Sound Clovis Jan on Salish Villages of Puget … When Orcas Island Ha… on The Skagit River Atlatl Canada : La nation S… on Glenrose Cannery Under Th… Lyle Van Horn on Namu Reburials A friendly future Wo… on Coast Salish “Woolly Dog… John Johnston on Intriguing rumours about the M… Melanie Bandy on D’Suq’Wub: Old Man House… Car-nerd here on The Marmes Rockshelter Si… David on Puget Sound Clovis 1887: Willoughby on… on R.I.P Hilary Stewart, 192… glenn Brown on Historic Sketchbook of Heywood…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Anchor Stones
- Coast Salish "Woolly Dogs," ca. 1946
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Salish Villages of Puget Sound
- D’Suq'Wub: Old Man House - a Poster
- Still selling First Nations' Archaeological Heritage
- A cool new cave site near Tumbler Ridge?
- Argillite Beaver
- Paisley Cave Update
- Elfshot goes "ground stone"
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fish fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah maps museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pleistocene pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish tlingit ubc underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites zooarchaeology