I posted previously about this excellent resource which the City of Vancouver Archives has put online: the McLennan and McFeely catalogue of industrial, farm and fishing equipment, 1908-1914. In that post, I moaned a little about how nice it would be to be able to download a single PDF of all 1400+ pages. To my delight and happiness (and surprise, I must admit, because it can have been no trivial task) Sue Bigelow of the Archives has posted a note indicating that they have now made such a document available for download (link in upper right hand corner of this page). It is 270 megs, but I have it now and what an amazing resource. Thanks so much to Sue and to the City of Vancouver Archives – as I said, this is potentially a huge aid for historical archaeologists and indeed any archaeologist who encounters historical debris.
Aaron Trowbridge on Stone Foundations and Tent Pla… Guest on Update – Willows Beach S… Sayonara on Tree Burials at Tsaxis ChickenLips on Destruction of Kwalate Vi… pbotterill on dSpace: Lundy on Rock Art želite on Tlingit, Dene and Eskimo Metal… Biff! Bang! Pow! | t… on The Giant of Happy Valley bill on Haida, Argillite, and the Pig… Metin Gunduz on Two Views of Double-Headed… Gitla - Elroy White on Weir on the River Koeye Greg on Puget Sound Clovis Norm Easton on A Lummi Reef Net Model twoeyes on Victoria ASBC Public Talk, Tue… Greg on Puget Sound Clovis The B-Side: the Hidd… on Historic Maps and Dioramas of…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Archaeology Theses
- La Perouse at Port des Francais (Lituya Bay)
- Russian Plastic Tlingit Warrior Models. And more!
- Glenrose Cannery Under Threat?
- Anchor Stones
- D’Suq'Wub: Old Man House - a Poster
- Stone Foundations and Tent Platforms in NW Coast Archaeology
- East Wenatchee Clovis Photo Gallery
- Northwest Research Obsidian Studies Lab
- Handmade Garnet Musket Ball from New Archangel
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Culturally Modified Tree Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology houses Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish Technology tlingit underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites Yukon zooarchaeology