This is a nice site by an Alaskan conservator, Ellen Carrlee. She gives a ton of information about her work. For example, check out her lengthy discussion of the conservation of an archaeological Tlingit fishtrap – scroll down for pictures. Or, look at this mini-essay on waterlogged wood.
Metin Gunduz on Two Views of Double-Headed… Gitla - Elroy White on Weir on the River Koeye Greg on Puget Sound Clovis Norm Easton on A Lummi Reef Net Model twoeyes on Victoria ASBC Public Talk, Tue… Greg on Puget Sound Clovis The B-Side: the Hidd… on Historic Maps and Dioramas of… Grant Keddie on Coast Salish Mausolea, Victori… John Douglas Belshaw on About Greg on Puget Sound Clovis bluesboy on Grace Islet and the Equifinali… MadDogBlues on Puget Sound Clovis Gary Brewer on Puget Sound Clovis twoeyes on About Barbara on The Marmes Rockshelter Si…
Most viewed posts in last few days
- The Bison at Ayer Pond on Orcas Island is archaeological.
- Cliff Painting by Marianne Nicolson
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- Tlingit War Helmet Rediscovered after 100 years
- Convictions in Yakima Looting Case, with comments on B.C.
- Puget Sound Clovis
- Archaeology Theses
- Bears, Humans and Deer: disambiguation at last.
- Tla'amin Archaeology
- Edenshaw Compote
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Culturally Modified Tree Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology houses Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish Technology tlingit underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites Yukon zooarchaeology