This is a nice site by an Alaskan conservator, Ellen Carrlee. She gives a ton of information about her work. For example, check out her lengthy discussion of the conservation of an archaeological Tlingit fishtrap – scroll down for pictures. Or, look at this mini-essay on waterlogged wood.
Lyle Van Horn on Namu Reburials Darren Clark on Convictions in Yakima Looting… Tony on Convictions in Yakima Looting… dover1952 on Convictions in Yakima Looting… Aaron Trowbridge on Stone Foundations and Tent Pla… Guest on Update – Willows Beach S… Sayonara on Tree Burials at Tsaxis ChickenLips on Destruction of Kwalate Vi… pbotterill on dSpace: Lundy on Rock Art želite on Tlingit, Dene and Eskimo Metal… Biff! Bang! Pow! | t… on The Giant of Happy Valley bill on Haida, Argillite, and the Pig… Metin Gunduz on Two Views of Double-Headed… Gitla - Elroy White on Weir on the River Koeye Greg on Puget Sound Clovis
Most viewed posts in last few days
- Bears, Humans and Deer: disambiguation at last.
- Houses on Stilts
- ASBC Victoria, Feb 21, 2012: Archaeology of Nimpkish Area by Jim Stafford
- Anchor Stones
- Convictions in Yakima Looting Case, with comments on B.C.
- Harpoon Arrows
- Historic Maps and Dioramas of Victoria and Environs
- The Giant of Happy Valley
- Florida Mammoth Engraving is Real?
- alaska anthropology Archaeological Society of BC Archaeological Society of British Columbia Archaeology archives argillite art artifacts ASBC british columbia canoes clovis CMT Coast Salish conservation CRM Culturally Modified Tree Cultural Resource Management Esquimalt ethnohistory First Nations first peopling fishing fish traps fish weirs Fraser River Gulf Islands Haida Haida Gwaii Heiltsuk historical archaeology history household archaeology houses Intertidal Kilgii Gwaay Makah museums Northwest Coast Nuu-chah-nulth Oregon organic technology palaeoenvironment palaeontology petroglyphs pictographs pre-clovis Public Archaeology Puget Sound RBCM repatriation rock art Royal BC Museum Salish Salish Sea salmon sculpture Seattle SFU Songhees southeast alaska Straits Salish Technology tlingit underwater archaeology uvic Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria BC Washington State waterlogged sites wet sites Yukon zooarchaeology